Associate Designer/Project Manager
Clickspring Design, an award-winning design firm headquartered in New York City, is seeking a full-time Associate Designer/Project Manager with a background in set design, events, architecture or other related field. Our primary services include design of Broadcast studio sets (domestic and international), branded environments (events and exhibits), and interior architecture (workspace and public space).
This role will serve as the bridge between concept designs and the realization of finished products. The primary responsibility of the Associate Designer/Project Manager will be to track adherence to design intent from the design drafting phase through construction drawings, fabrication and installation- often working on multiple projects at once.
Since our projects are often fast paced and have strict deadlines, a hands-on attitude is required. Piecemeal drafting updates and small photoshop tasks will be part of the role.
The Associate Designer/Project Manager will work as part of internal project teams of 2-3 members under direction of a Senior Designer or the Director of Operations. The role will serve as the primary contact between Clickspring Design and fabrication shops.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Minimum 3 years relevant working experience
- Strong knowledge of 2D AutoCAD. Working understanding of 3D AutoCAD preferred, but not required
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop. Working understanding of InDesign and Illustrator
- Working understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work full-time out of our NYC office, with willingness to travel out of town, if needed
- Ability to work effectively in teams and directly with clients and fabrication shops
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to anticipate problems/issues and work with the project team to develop solutions
- Outstanding organization skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Set Design, Environmental/Exhibition Design, Architecture, Interior Design or equivalent working experience
Clickspring Design is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.
Please include a copy of your resume, software proficiencies and relevant work samples when applying.
New York, NY