Clickspring Design is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant for our New York office. Candidates should have a solid understanding of accrual-based accounting, generally accepted accounting principles, QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, and have at least two (2) years of experience with project-based accounting and working with an online time entry system.
The Staff Accountant must be a problem solver with impeccable time management skills and be able to prioritize in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude. He or she must be a team player, resourceful, cost-conscious, efficient, motivated, enthusiastic, detail oriented, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
In addition to owning the accounting and bookkeeping function, the Staff Accountant will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer to track project budgets using QuickBooks and our Projector PSA time tracking software. This crucial aspect of the role includes reconciling project fees and actuals to budget, providing regular and timely reports to the design teams and maintaining a calendar of billing milestones.
The Staff Accountant will also work with the President, Director of Operations, the VPs of Design and the studio design staff to support the ongoing efficient workings of the office. He or she must be willing to learn and appreciate the Clickspring Design process, proactively maintaining a working knowledge of all projects flowing through the studio in order to anticipate the needs of the teams.
Primary Job Functions
- Ownership of accounts payable, including coding and entering vendor invoices into QuickBooks, as well as preparing disbursement reports on a weekly basis
- Ownership of accounts receivable, including creating client billings, cash collections and recording/applying payments
- Serve as administrator for the Company’s American Express corporate card program, ensuring 100% compliance with the Company’s documentation
- Serve as administrator for the Company’s Projector PSA time tracking software. This includes, setting up new projects, ensuring staff timesheets are submitted in a timely fashion, building/running reports and archiving finished projects.
- Assisting with the monthly financial close, including bank reconciliations, fixed assets, AR, AP and ownership of all balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparing weekly finance flash reports and cash forecasts, as well as responding to inquiries from management, as needed
- Preparing weekly job profitability reports and responding to inquiries from management, as needed
- Taking complete ownership of the year-end 1099 process and ensuring 100% recordkeeping compliance throughout the year
- Suggesting areas for process improvements and taking an active role in developing, communicating and implementing these improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2- 4 years of relevant accounting experience, preferably at a project-based design or architecture firm
- Strong knowledge of accrual-based accounting and generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong knowledge of Projector PSA or similar time tracking software
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software
- Experience with American Express @Work or similar credit card program
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Highly detail-oriented
- Able to juggle multiple tasks, demands, and deadlines
- Able to work autonomously and in teams
- Thrives in fast-paced environments
- Strong problem-solving, identifying process errors, and providing solutions
- Willingness and desire to act as a support function for our growing design team, taking on ad hoc projects, as they arise
Clickspring Design is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.
Please include a copy of your resume, software proficiencies and relevant work samples when applying.
New York, NY