Senior Design Lead (Remote)
About Clickspring Design:
Clickspring is an international firm specializing in strategic, narrative-based design solutions. We create custom environments and sets for Broadcast news and sports, interior commercial architecture, and experiential marketing and events. Form follows content in all of our work. At the heart of this content lies a message that our clients wish to communicate. The analysis that gets us to that message and ultimately informs our design solutions is deeply rooted in the disciplines of theater set design, architectural theory and practice, brand building, and simple good storytelling. The built results speak for our clients.
Job Description Summary:
The primary charge of the Senior Design Lead is to produce award-winning design solutions based on client objectives and expectations, which include stringent schedule and budget parameters. The SDL is responsible for all creative decisions on assigned projects, reporting back to the SVP, CCO and CEO at regular intervals with project progress. The SDL leads concept design, starting with the identification of initial design direction, and proceeding with daily review and feedback of their project teams’ support work, steering the concept as it is developed to a final client presentation. Design leadership responsibility continues through the three subsequent phases of production (DD, CA, Install) with the support of a Project Manager, and an Associate Designer on larger jobs. The SDL is the primary contact for the client and shares responsibility with the Project Manager or Associate for communicating with fabricators, contractors and other trades.
- Collaborates with CEO, COO, CFO and CCO on creation of project proposals and estimates
- Assists COO with staffing and planning of upcoming work. Set clear expectations for project tasks and deliverables internally and externally; provide timely feedback to internal production team.
- Participates in weekly meetings regarding sales, marketing, leadership
- Supports Project Managers, in tracking of project schedule and budget
- Review of bid documents, FF&E document, material samples, and construction drawings from fabricator
- Leads blocking (broadcast studio rehearsals) and final notes pre-launch of show
- The position requires some domestic and international travel for client meetings and installation visits.
- Mentor development of staff to meet studio and individual goals
Skills and Specifications:
- At least ten years experience in related industries
- Background in Architecture, Set Design, Event/Exhibit Design or Multi-Disciplinary
- Ability to communicate ideas and intent to the internal project teams via one or two of the following visualization tools including:
- CAD Floorplans
- 3D modeling Software
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to multitask at varying levels of the design process from project to project
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally, as required by client work
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments, and demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
Please provide a current portfolio of related work, bio, and cover letter describing your interest in this opportunity when applying. Applications that do not include these items will not be reviewed.
No recruiters, please.
Clickspring Design is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.