Freelance Draftsperson (Remote)
New York, NY
About Clickspring Design:
Clickspring is an international firm specializing in strategic, narrative-based design solutions. We create custom environments and sets for Broadcast news and sports, interior commercial architecture, and experiential marketing and events. Form follows content in all of our work. At the heart of this content lies a message that our clients wish to communicate. The analysis that gets us to that message and ultimately informs our design solutions is deeply rooted in the disciplines of theater set design, architectural theory and practice, brand building, and simple good storytelling. The built results speak for our clients.
Drafting Production Manager
Works in collaboration with:
Drafting Production Manager, Design Directors, Senior Design Directors, Designers
No Direct Reports
The Freelance Draftsperson role is a critical component of the design development and documentation process, responsible for helping produce architectural drawing sets that accurately represent client-approved, rendered conceptual designs.
The role will work closely with Designers, Design Directors, and the Drafting Production Manager to translate a 3D design concept into 2D plans, sections, elevations, detail drawings, and relevant schedules/inventories.
A qualified candidate should be detail oriented, collaborative, familiar with conventional drafting standards, and efficient.
Primary Job Functions:
- Under the direction of the Drafting Production Manager, produce accurate 2D Autocad drawings that represent the design intent rendered in 3D by the design staff.
- Develop and populate material schedules and equipment inventories for furniture and audio/visual equipment.
- Adhere to Clickspring’s established representational standards guided by the Drafting Production Manager, which include typical line-weights, drawing organization and page layout, layer management, CAD file preparation, and file storage and distribution protocols.
- Review and revise drawings under the direction of others through a regular process of “redlining.”
- Manage time spent on projects as needed to successfully meet project budget and schedule requirements
Secondary Job Functions:
- Use knowledge of materials and methods of construction to create realistic and relevant solutions that adhere to the intent of the project’s design
- Encourage and participate in a “just ask if you don’t know” approach to problem prevention
- Ability to read and comprehend building plans, shop drawings, and construction documents
- Basic understanding of materials and methods of construction
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficiency in developing legible 2D drawings that utilize conventional architectural annotation styles.
- Accuracy and attention to detail